How to use Google SMTP Server through PHP Mailer
Getting Google SMTP Server Settings:
- Login to your Gmail account
- You need to allow access for less secure apps can be easily turned on here.see image1 , image2
- Go to Access Settings section, see image
- Go to to Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and enable IMAP, see image
- Download PHPMailer script
- Upload PHPMailer script to your hosting account.
- Sample configuration file named gmail.php to use with Google SMTP servers.
- This script to work with Google SMTP server, you will have to edit it and change settings like username, password and email recipient address.