Issue – what this means
For security reasons the server blocks your IP address if anyone attempts to login more than 5 times incorrectly over a short period of time, this can be to email or wordpress or any other login interface.
Initially the IP address is blocked for 10 mins then released.
If the situation starts again then the length of “blocked” time gets progressively worse until it is permanently blocked – now a network supervisor has to intervene to resolve the issue.
There are systems that are continually carrying out “brute force attacks” using email address and domain names that are in the public domain those that are relevant to the site – including usernames that are “admin”, “supervisor”, “accounts” etc.
If you cannot load your site at all then enter your url here: downforeveryoneorjustme.com
- This will highlight whether it is general or you.
- If it is localised then the above has almost invariably happened – see example in image
- If your site is down everywhere then email us
- Reboot your router to get a new IP address
- Follow the instructions that WordPress supplies if you are locked out locally
- Finally if nothing else works then go – http://ip.liquidweb.com/
- This will give you your ip address
- Copy the numbers (cut and paste please) (see image) and email us