Mobile Friendly Website
Why should a website be Responsive?
6 undeniable reasons why a Mobile Friendly Website is a must!
Mobile usage is exploding….
- Over 48% of Google searches are performed on a mobile device.
- More than 50% of LOCAL searches were performed on a mobile device.
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience.
61% of users leave after a poor experience
- If a user lands on your mobile website and is frustrated or doesn’t find what they are looking for, there is a 61% chance they will leave immediately and go to a competitor.
- OR if they have a positive experience with your mobile website, a user is 67% more likely to buy a product or use a service.
55% of social media happens on a mobile device
- If you have social media incorporated in your strategy, you probably have been seeing increased mobile traffic.
- AND if you are sharing links to your website and are not mobile-friendly, you are making your customers/visitors grumpy.
Responsive better for ranking (SEO)
- Google prefers responsive web design over mobile templates, one single URL makes it easier for the Google bot to crawl your site, it also reduces the chance of on-page SEO errors. ( June 2012, Google’s Pierre Farr)
- For these reasons, responsive sites typically perform better and are easier to maintain than a separate, mobile-template site.
A speedy responsive website is key
- Industry research (also Google PageSpeed Developers) recommend that content above the fold needs to load in under 1 second (Whole page in under 2 secs).
- This is generally not possible when loading a desktop website on a mobile device. (test your site here)
Responsive adapts to future devices – FUTURE PROOFING
- Responsive design is not fixed it adjusts to the screen size of the device. This means that no matter what device the system always loads the best it can. So as new devices (TVs, watches, glasses, etc.) are used for web browsing, your responsive site will still look great!
- Data Source : blog.hubspot.com, think with google.com