This plugin uses the industry standard TFA / 2FA algorithm creating One Time Passwords. These are used by many OTP applications that you can deploy on your phone etc.
A TOTP code is valid for a certain time. Whatever program you use (to provide you the code) shows a different code at regular very short intervals.
- Login to WordPress backend. (admins only
- Install ‘Two Factor Authentication‘ plugin and activate.
- Go to ‘Two Factor Auth’ on left hand side and enable two-factor authentication.
Users and Admins
- Install ‘Authy‘ application on phone or PC.
- Open Authy application and click “Add account” also add your phone number so it can validate the phone and create your account/password.
- Return to the website and select from the menu “Two Factor Authentication” and then either…
- Scan the QR code or….
- Enter Code Manually
- Enter name, ignore logo – SAVE
- You will now see a one time password on your device that will continually change
- This you enter into the wordpress login page every time you login to the website
You should now be good to go.