Web Analytics – How is my site being used?
The results of search engine marketing are extremely measurable. There is no other marketing channel that can evaluate the effectiveness of any marketing campaign so thoroughly.
A comprehensive Web analytics plan allows you to dissect your website analytics and determine a wide range of customer information once they interact with your site. Understanding visitor behavior and focusing on the right metrics are crucial to improving your ROI.
- Source of site visitors (Geography, referrers)
- Length of time on site (Level of interest?)
- Page views (Level of interest and areas interested in)
- What words/search engine they are using to find you (Increase visitors)
- Visitor conversion rate (ROI)
- Site choke points (Where are they not proceeding)
The benefit of measurability also applies to PPC campaigns – you can measure:
The most appropriate campaign based on your cost of clicks
- On a given keyword
- At a given cost per click
- Against the sales that result from those clicks
….and then you can make adjustments to your pay per click program to optimize the results.
The internet and the analytics that are available have increased the measurability of marketing campaigns exponentially, this has enabled marketing campaign ROI focus in real time.